Thursday, April 02, 2009

Week 25

Back in February, we hosted our first prayer meeting at Genesis Art Instruction. While I was speaking to the prayer team, I was very open and honest about the obstacles and trials that we would face in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. One would have to be naïve to think that everything would go as planned and stay on schedule. In fact, I have been encouraged by the insights of those who have gone before for us; just when you think you are ahead; you realize that you are behind. Not that I enjoy being behind or being late, but as the battle rages on, the enemy will put up a fight to keep his claim to what he thinks is his.

As I write this entry, I am reminded of those words I shared that day. We recently found out that we will not be able to meet at Genesis Art Instruction in Fishers. While I’m confident that God crossed our paths, circumstances have arisen that are out of our control. God will continue to use Kelvyn and Tami in the Fishers community for His glory. I have come to appreciate their hearts for our community and the arts.

I am confident that God has a place for Hamilton Village to meet and grow. Not only does He have a location for us to meet, but He has a place for us to call home. God is going to provide a ministry hub that meets the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of families in Fishers. Temporarily the hub will likely be a rented facility of some kind. This facility will be a place that has room for growth for our worship services as well as adequate space for our children. We are aware that a positive environment for children is key for a second visit and assimilation.

We have to remember that God is in total control of this process. He has brought us this far, He will lead us the rest of the way. Bring on the growing pains!

No comments: