Monday, June 14, 2010

Juxtaposition

I have no idea why I like this word. Quite honestly, I heard the word used one time, loved it, looked it up and decided that I was going to consciously start using it. Then we started reworking our website and I knew what I was going to call the new blog.

The word means to place things together for the sole purpose to compare and contrast. When you add the 'al' to the word it becomes an adjective and is now a word that describes me. I like options. I like to compare and contrast. So the purpose of the blog is going to be to compare and contrast various things. We may examine cultural trends, belief systems, thought patterns, restaurants, books, etc. Some thoughts will be deep and heavy and some thoughts will just make you laugh out loud. Whatever there occasion, I look forward to conversing with you.

No comments: